You are invited to join Classrooms for Africa on their 2019
donor trip to Uganda
Current and future Classrooms for Africa donors who have a sense of adventure and want to see what Classrooms for Africa is all about on the ground.
Come to Uganda with Tom and Marilyn Grabowski and (maybe) Kory and Heather Sorensen to see Classrooms for Africa projects in Uganda, meet our school partners in Africa, experience life in the Third World, go on an African safari and much, much more. We will work hard to visit YOUR project(s) and meet the children and families you have impacted with your gift to support African education.
Which of these dates work for you??? We will pick the dates that work for the majority. If we have enough interest, then we will run two trips this year. The trip will take place in Uganda either from August 10-17 OR November 9-17. But it takes a day to get there and a day to get back. So, you have to add that to the front and back end of these dates. Of course, you can add some vacation time in Europe or Africa on the front or back end of this trip and make it even more memorable!
• Fly in and out of Entebbe, Uganda (on the outskirts of Kampala). This is an international airport with flights from Brussels, Amsterdam, Istanbul, Abu Dhabi, and other cities. It’s easy and convenient to add some time in Europe, Turkey, or Africa on the front and back of this tour.
• You are responsible for booking and paying for your own flights to and from Uganda. You are also responsible for all travel vaccinations, Uganda entry visa (available online), gifts, personal effects, etc.
• We (Classrooms for Africa) will organize the in-country trip and cover all in-country costs (accommodations, meals, in country-travel) and you can reimburse us after the trip when all costs are accounted for. We can issue a tax receipt for 75% of in-country costs - we expect in-country costs to be about $2,000-$2,500 per person (based on double occupancy) – depending on the final itinerary.
This donor trip is a great idea if…
• You are curious about the children and families who you are hoping to impact with your donation to Classrooms for Africa.
• You are wondering how this program works and what are the conditions in both rural and urban Uganda.
• You want to see the impact you are having.
• You are adventurous and love to have FUN.
Submit an expression of interest by clicking the link below.